Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday Blues


Multi-burst mode
Originally uploaded by Kimmy Crack Corn.
No, your computer is not messed up ... I actually intended the photo to be like that. If you look at it from top to bottom and left to right, you will see that it's a record of about 1.5 seconds of The Prince's life. I can't get over how amazing this camera is!

Well, the title of this post is appropriate: Today was not the greatest day. Last night we went to the Holmgren's house for dinner and Goose stayed up WAY past his bedtime. So all day he was fussy and finally I just had to put him in bed at 6:45 p.m. -- the earliest bedtime in the history of Goosekind. I'm sure I'll be up at 4 a.m.

His newest dislike is diaper changing. Tonight after dinner, he was writhing like an alligator (have you seen that show about the guy who hunts the crocodiles? That's what it's like.) to the point that I had to physically restrain him to get the diaper on. I assume it's normal since the changing table comes with a strap. I give him all kinds of inappropriate things (e.g., rubber bands, bracelets, picture albums, etc.) just to keep him occupied while I quickly wrap up his butt in a pamper. Another request we have is a full-time nanny/housekeeper since it takes two people to deal with and clean up after this one little guy.

Currently he has three loves: old plastic water bottles without the caps, the old camera, and our stereo. Also, he MUST eat with his own hands and refuses to eat out of a spoon unless it's something really good (like some of my grits from breakfast this morning). As a result of this do-it-myself phase, I am forced to mop the floor around his highchair after EVERY MEAL. I'm sure no other mom has ever worked as hard as me.

The picture above was taken in multi-burst mode, but I also took some fabulous (if I do say so myself) black and white portraits of him today. To view those, please click on the picture above, as always.

Maybe Monday will be better ... after all, it is a holiday. Happy 4th of July to all!

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...