Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Hedgehog has Been Located


Hedgehog
Originally uploaded by Kimmy Crack Corn.

Last night I was unpacking The Prince's suitcase from the Ozark Adventure and happened to look in a pocket that hadn't been opened since our last trip to Mississippi (in April). In it I found The Lost Hedgehog Teether, which was a favorite. I gave it to The Goose prior to his bath last night and he appeared to be very happy that we had finally located his lost perty. Note the concentration as he examines it closely, thinking, "Hmmm, I don't remember these bitable feet, but otherwise all parts appear to be intact."

Prior to this bath shot, he did his pre-bath ritual ... running around naked upstairs ("airing it out"), rolling out the TP, eating some, then clogging the drain with it. Here's proof:

Hedgehog

Note that despite the TP distraction, The Hedgehog is still in hand.

After bathtime, we always have storytime. It begins with Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, pictures by Clement Hurd (it's always important to say the author and illustrator). This is followed by Is Your Mama a Llama (or, as B likes to say, "Is your mama Kim Laden?"), and then a prayer from the daily prayer book. On good nights, it looks like this:

Hedgehog

Other times it resembles what happens when you try to give oral medication to a cat. Note Hedgehog still in hands.

In my previous post about our family vacation, I forgot to mention that Great Grandpa B brought The Goose a very special gift: a collapsible, silver baby cup that has been passed down to family members named John since 1860. It has even been around the world. A treasure!

Other "happies" from the trip included a Minnesota Twins outfit (also from GGB), and several outfits from Grammy (my personal favorite of which is a onesie that reads, "If I can reach it, I can wreck it"), more Baby Einstein DVDs (hints work, even if they're subtle), and a set of jumbo-sized lego blocks. Thanks y'all!

It is still cloudy/rainy/windy from the hurricane, but we're having a blast. Yesterday we went to our favorite Japanese restaurant and The Goose attracted all sorts of attention by eating avocado slices and rice from my chopsticks. Talent oozes from this child.

Happy Wednesday to all!

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...