Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Goose Update


The Goose likes to drive
Originally uploaded by Kimmy Crack Corn.
Calling all perties with wheels! The Goose is obsessed Obsessed OBSESSED with wheels. He has marked up our walls pushing his stroller around and while we were in Mississippi, he had a blast pushing Pappaw's walker. He also pushes his trucks on the floor like a two year old and sometimes he makes noises that I'm sure are like "zoom zoom" or something brilliant like that.

He is pretty clearly saying "mama" now and meaning it (only in the most endearing ways I'm sure). He also knows to look around for his dad when you say, "Where's Da-Da?"

His newest word is "dirt," which apparently means any object besides a ball. Variations on this word include "irt" and "dat." He says "bye-bye" a lot too, but it's not clear whether he associates it with someone leaving. We're still working on a consistent wave and clapping.

The zerbert craze continues. He tries to blow on any exposed body part and then laughs hysterically. He is also biting exposed parts as well and we are trying to stop that nasty little habit.

His very organized mother left his blankie in the crib at his maternal grandparents' home in Mississippi and so he has been forced to make do with a lesser quality substitute blankie. Macy Fedexed the original on Monday, so we're hoping to get it ASAP. Usually when we hand him his blankie at nap or bedtime he grabs it and buries his face. He pushes the sub away but so far has been able to sleep. At least he has an actual blankie and not an orange La-Z-Boy recliner arm rest cover, which is what I was attached to as a child.

Below I have pasted a picture of me at about Goose's age. I think we still look alike just a titch; however, he is looking more and more like B everyday. His eyes and face shape are different from me even though the nose and teeth are really similar.

BABY KCP @ 9 monthsish

Grinning

It is so much fun to watch him grow and change and learn and currently I have turned down two fantastic jobs in order to stay here with him and watch the blossoming. Last night I snuck in to catch a glimpse of him before I went to bed (I was at work when he went to sleep) and I accidentally woke him up while patting him and giggling about his position. So I rocked him back to sleep and then held him until my arms nearly gave out from the weight. I just about can't stand to ever put him down. You know that Van Morrison song "Crazy Love"? Well I think that's just about right.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...