Thursday, July 28, 2005

Formula Addict


The Goose has always liked formula, but he hardly ever gets it. Now that I'm working PT and the pump is broken (and by the way, court is Monday at 8:45 a.m.), he is getting Similac twice a week. Apparently he is addicted.

Today we got a surprise visit from Goose's "aunt" Heather and her new hubby Tyler. In the words of a small-town newspaper gossip column, "A good time was had by all."

OK, so back to the court date ... ummm ... I'm getting a little antsy to hear from the defendent (NorthWORST Airlines). My pro bono legal counselors have assured me that Northworst will either (a) settle before Monday, (b) fail to show up, or (c) show up and embarrass themselves because the judge will be overwhelmed by my story and argumentative abilities and force them to pay up (I am equipped with documentation from the American Association of Pediatrics about the benefits of breastfeeding, information from the pump company, receipts, and ...

"Exhibit A, your honor, The Medela Pump-n-Style Backpack itself. As you can see, the suction control knob has been turned past the maximum setting (while in control of NorthWORST Airlines and its agents and/or representatives) and is thus DESTROYED."

What I have failed to calculate (but should have) is the amount that we have spent on formula, the amount of time it took me to figure out how to file suit in small claims court, and, of course, pain and suffering. Please send me some good luck wishes or break a leg wishes or whatever it is that you wish someone who is suing a major airline with a hotshot corporate attorney in small claims court about a broken breast pump. Thank goodness I did mock trial in high school, because otherwise I would be worried.

Toodles.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...