Wednesday, August 24, 2005

School Boy

Sorry to keep you folks waiting until almost 8:30 p.m. ...

The Goose made it through the day just fine. There was a nap boycott (he was the only one in the class who didn't take one) but otherwise he did great. When I arrived to pick him up (picture me in the car giggling to myself about getting to see him after 4 hours -- I was like a kid in line to ride Space Mountain at Disneyworld) I RAN into the building and down the hall and fumbled with the locked door (aha! put your hand through the opening on the top and open it from the inside) and then there he was sitting there like an angel playing with a pink ball. LOVE a HEART!

He just grinned and grinned and came pounding toward me on all fours. Then he got home, made a few laps around his playroom, and collapsed for 2.5 hours (and so did mom and dad). He did it! Who am I kidding? WE did it! Brian and I both checked in on him throughout the day without him seeing us. But overall I think everyone handled it well.

Yay for us!

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...