Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Construction vs. Destruction

This shirt reads, "Interstate 40 Construction Co." Cute, but his dad and I agree that DESTRUCTION is more appropriate.

The Goose clapped for the first time yesterday but hasn't repeated it yet. It was a silent gesture, prompted by something on a Baby Einstein DVD. There's a picture of his attempt in my Flickr Photostream.

The name of the game these days is WORD IMITATION. Here are all of the words he has said at least once:

  • DOG
  • BEAR
  • NO
  • POOP
  • NANA (banana)
  • YO (yogurt)

Here are the words he knows (says them when he sees the person/object):

  • Dada
  • Mama/Bob
  • Book
  • Ball
  • Go
  • Up

"Go" is the newest one ... he says this when he's playing with his little walk-behind-it toy. We started saying, "Go Goose Go!" whenever he did it, so now he says "Go!" We also say, "stand up" so that he'll stop walking on his knees and of course he's said "UP" a few times as well. Let's see ... we have mostly nouns, but also a verb and a preposition. Have I used the word "genius" before?

All of this imitation reminds me of a children's song I used to know, "Oh be careful little ears what you hear." I think the adults around here need a new song: "Oh be careful little mouth what you say," because there's an ECHO in the house. Based on frequency of use, and in keeping with the DESTRUCTION theme, the next repeated word will likely be "Uh-oh."

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...