Monday, August 22, 2005

Correction!

OK, so maybe I've gone just a teensy bit over the edge with my updates. Apparently, B, not J, put the dog in the stroller. Sorry.

I was sitting upstairs just a few minutes ago, watching Goose crawl around destroying things, when I all of a sudden wondered if I was coming across here as a braggart. I mean, all I do is gloat about what all he can do and say. Then I started considering whether or not that was a bad thing. I guess maybe it would be bad if it's actually lies (like yesterday -- even though that was an accident). But I've now convinced myself that it's OK if it's all true. So there we have it: I'm OK afterall. Phew.

While we were at Grammy & Grampy's last week, The Goose didn't say ANYTHING, so likely they already think that I've been stretching the truth a little. Actually, now that I think back, he did say, "BURP" really clearly one day while sitting in his high chair. But no "ball," no "book," no other words except "Bob" and maybe an occasional "da-da-da-da." Let's blame it on the unfamiliar surroundings and the abundance of new things for which he had no vocabulary. Right.

Earlier today, as we were all three walking along the road by the lake, B and I were discussing which trail to take. I said, "Let's take South Cove."

B said, "Why the hard one?"

I said, "Because of the condition of my butt ... I need to climb it."

B said, "No, we haven't taken the lake trail in so long together, let's do that one."

I said, "OK." (I'm easily persuaded not to climb large hills.)

Just then, a woman passed us wearing some tight, spandex shorts, and Goose said, "BUTT!" really loudly.

I hope she knew he was talking about MY butt, and not HER butt. Oh well.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...