Sunday, August 14, 2005

Milwaukee Bound


The Geese are flying north for a few days at Grammy and Grampy's house in Wisconsin. There are plans in the making for a night out on the town for mom and dad, movies in the afternoon for mom and dad, long uninterupted afternoon naps for mom and dad, oh yeah, and a trip to the zoo. I think our goals may be just a titch lofty, but we're going anyway. This will be the first time The Goose has been back to Milwaukee since he was 2 weeks old. Hopefully this trip will involve a lot more sleep than I remember from that visit.

We were moving from St. Croix Falls (where Goose was born) to Nashville, but I got sick during the 12-hour-car-ride-that-should've-been-only-six, and ended up staying in Milwaukee to nurse and be nursed while B came down here alone to prepare the house. All I remember is being so sleep deprived that I couldn't tell if the grandfather clock was really chiming or if I was imagining it. Finally I just asked them to please turn off the chimes so that I wouldn't totally lose my mind.

So, yes, I'm sure it will be better than that although everytime we travel I have this nightmare that there will be an all-out sleep boycott and that I will end up in a local mental institution. Sleep is really a good thing. Especially when it's long and uninterrupted.

So wish us a bon voyage and good REM/non-REM patterns and I'll post again when we return on Thursday.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...