Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bye Bye Aunty Amy


Learning how to clap
Originally uploaded by Kimmy Crack Corn.

We were sad to see Aunty Amy leave yesterday. Not only is she fun after JEB goes to bed, but she makes a darn good live-in nanny. Click on the picture to see more fun times of the past couple days.

After dropping her off at the airport yesterday, I took JEB to the doctor since he's been coughing a lot at night. Doc thinks it's just a cold, but he'll be reevaluated next Tuesday. The good news was that he weighed in at 19 lbs., 4 oz. and is thus well on his way to our goal: 20 by 12. Then he can face forward in the car and I think we'll all be much happier.

Last night he got up 3 times before 5:30 a.m. and I really thought I would LOSE MY MIND. Wonder what Tom Cruise would suggest? A little exercise at 4:17 a.m.? I finally got him to go back to sleep just before 6 a.m., so hopefully he'll get some rest.

Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate my half birthday, which was two weeks ago (not that it mattered that it was late, I mean really, I didn't even remember that it WAS my half birthday and so I forgot to remind B until it was too late -- y'all don't be too hard on him, he has a lot to put up with and all of that affects his memory). While there we all three had near breakdowns due to The Goose's refusal to go ANYWHERE NEAR the high chair. Here's part of a conversation that could've been overheard at our table:

"Let's just eat and get outta here."
-B

"Why does he do this to us?"
-K

"We can NEVER go out again."
-B

"All I wanna do is just eat my Sonoma-style, shredded chicken fajita-burrito. Why doesn't he understand that?"
-K


Luckily, we aren't dramatic.

And then our waitress came back and started talking to JEB and somehow saved the whole night just by feeding him some babyfood (even though we had been trying that for 15 minutes) and then he discovered my guacamole and all was well ... until the car ride home and then again at 12:42 a.m. and 4:17 a.m. and 5:14 a.m.

Can you bid for patience and sleep on E-bay?

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...