Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We haven't been bored at all.

A little sleepy, perhaps, but definitely not bored without the big boys, who have been out west living it up (pics to come tomorrow).  The report from them is mostly positive ... great weather, a little altitude sickness, eating chilaquiles, John is a snowboard star, something about an air mattress that wouldn't stay inflated, etc., etc. 

Sam is on a nap strike. But bless his heart, he's sweet even when he doesn't nap. At all.  Unless I'm wearing him. For two days straight. He still giggles out loud at everything, especially if you say something ridiculous and onomatopoeic like, "How did you get FISH FOOD in your diaper? FISH FOOD? FISH FOOD! FISH FOOD." 

My friend Sharon described him best:  "He just has an ease about him like he isn't struggling with the world like some babies do."

He prefers to be held instead of napping, so this was our compromise:

After I finally got him to sleep just now (at 9:46 p.m.), I had time for the exciting task of Going Through The Mail.  There were two items of note.

First, we received our census form, and I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that ours is already completed, folded correctly, and sealed in its postage-paid envelope. The way I figure it, there are extra points for being First In America to Be Counted. I'm patriotic like that; plus, you can't beat extra points.



The second item of note was our third heirloom seed catalog.

Now, I had already ordered our seeds from another catalog (and planted them in egg cartons) ... but  ...


Put a hold on our bank accounts: This catalog includes 117 pages of glossy, c lose-up, color photos of all manner of vegetables I do not have any room to plant but will probably order anyway.

Such as Vidrine's Midget Cowhorn Okra, Eden's Gem Rocky Ford Green-Fleshed Melon, or how about a little something from the, ahem, 21-page-spread of tomatoes catagorized by color.

Be still my heart.

And, come home, my bigs.

Maybe we are just a titch bored.

But the broccoli has sprouted!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...