Thursday, September 29, 2005

Kids These Days


Why can't they just pull their pants up?

The Goose is in full swing with all of his new perties. Every morning he crawls up to the rockin' horse and pats it on the neck -- just as if it were a real pony. Then he climbs on and rocks like a little angel straight from heaven. But then there's the pre-nap time where that's not what he seems like. We're working through a little separation anxiety.

Yesterday I went early to Goose's school so that I could pay tuition and spy on him through the one-way window into his classroom. He was sitting on the floor right beside Warren, holding a teddy bear and patting Warren's leg. Then he lay down on the floor on top of the bear and Warren lay down beside him. It was too, too cute.

As soon as the door opens, Warren starts saying, "bye bye bye bye" and has been doing that for weeks. But just recently The Goose has started saying it. Especially when the Baby McDonald DVD is finished playing and it's time to move on to something else. Or when the phone rings.

I picked Goose up and said, "OK, say bye-bye to Warren." His teacher and Ms. Paula (the director) were standing there with us. He looked straight at Warren and said, "Bye-bye War." I didn't really believe my ears, but then Ms. Paula said, "Did he just say, 'bye-bye Warren'?" Yep.

Phew! I was worried because he had pretty much stopped saying anything at all ... he was on a roll for a while and then just stopped. Now he says bye-bye anytime we encourage it.

Yesterday The Dad of The Family made his famous, award-winning pasta sauce (I'm not kidding, he really won 3rd place in the Flagstaff Italian-American Club's annual pasta sauce cook-off). He used the sauce to make spaghetti last night and then today he made Hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapple -- yum, yum) and we all pigged out. Of course red-colored sauce always calls for pictures. You can click on the photo above to see us in all our marinara glory.

One other note: The pants in the picture above were purchased yesterday at a consignment store where I like to buy and sell baby stuff. It's a great deal: I take his old toys/clothes (ones that we're not keeping for posterity) and they sell them for me. I use the store credit to get him new stuff. Yesterday I scored these cool pants, some Stride-Rite shoes, and ... are you ready? ...

HIS HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

It is a full-body dog suit with black and tan fur. The hood of the suit is a dog head. We will be at Aunty Amy's for Halloween this year and The Goose will be trick-or-treating with Parker Blue, Aunty Amy's friend's daughter, who is about 3 weeks younger than him. Aunty Amy suggested that we use a Donnie and Marie Osmond theme, but The Goose vetoed that idea.

Otherwise, we are just business as usual around here, which is just fine with me if you know what I mean. We would like to send a shout-out to The Goose's big-boy buddy, Babybird, who is having a tear-duct procedure tomorrow. Good luck BB (and MB and DB)!

HINT: You can click on the underlined names above to see pictures and read about them.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...