Sunday, October 05, 2008

Spidey Boy


Our weekend was relatively uneventful, but I feel the need to share ridiculously mundane details fo my everyday life, so here goes ...

Saturday we had an agonizing swim lesson (complete with the coach's warning that he can't come back if he screams the whole time next week). This was particularly hard for Mama, who is banished to the stands to watch from afar. I can't ever really see what's going on, but I can hear it all. I felt like my Olympic dreams were being dashed. Coach Margaret says that if he does better next week then he can have two suckers. She thinks bribery works, but little does she know about the severe stubborn streak of this child. She even said, "It's not that he's scared; I think it's just that it's not his idea."

Love this face

Really? You think? I wouldn't know anything about that.

After the dream-dashing lesson, we went to a festival across the street from the indoor sports complex. Besides spending $20 on a bunch of things that are all now gone (face paint, chicken on a stick, popsicles, balloons, etc.), not much else happened.

I spent the remainder of the weekend moping around and feeling sorry for myself because I STILL do not have Brian on the weekends. We ditched the park ranger thing (in large part) because of the schedule, but now there are other things which occupy his time. Don't get me wrong ... they're all GOOD things which I understand and support, but it doesn't stop me from pouting and angrily folding laundry.

Booooring.

All I am is boring these days.

Today we did manage to take a bike ride with the whole fam, which briefly and beautifully interrupted my pity party. It was during this time that a funny statement was made by Husband, who said, as we biked to Target -- me just biking regular-like, and he pulling the hitchhiker:

Flat Tire, One Lung

"It feels like I'm riding with a flat tire and one lung."

Fun! Don't you want one for the back of your bike? Yeah! It's really great ... you just put your 40-pound flailing monster on and attempt to actually make it somewhere without anyone having a temper tantrum. Yes, indeed. That is fun stuff.

Good night.

1 comment:

Basha's Mama said...

I'm about to be left alone on Sundays for the remainder of the semester. Want to get together sometime? Our boys can play superheroes together.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...