Tuesday, June 07, 2005

MG Returns to Work


I LOVE NY
Originally uploaded by Kimmy Crack Corn.
Well folks, I did it. I left yesterday afternoon at 3 o'clock and didn't return until 8:30 p.m. and in the meanwhile the boys were fine. The pizza and wrestling party turned into a sweet potatoes and pajama-cutting-up event. When I returned home, I found the following: Goose was asleep in his I Love New York pajamas (interestingly enough, the feet had been cut out), there were two empty jars of sweet potatoes on the table along with an empty 4-oz. bottle and some cheerio crumbs, and B was laid-up on the couch listening to a basketball game on the radio. I took that to mean that all was well, and of course it was.

As I left the house, B said, "Good luck. I hope your boobs don't explode" and right he was. The worst part about the whole event was that I don't have a pump and by the time I returned home I was quite uncomfortable. By 4 a.m. I was calling myself Sponge Kim Square Boobs. First on the to-do list today is to find out about how to get into small-claims court in order to get Northwest Airlines to pay for me a new pump doggone it.

Teaching again was great! I only have five students, so grading won't be too bad and the commute wasn't as long as I thought (about 20 minutes even in traffic). My students are from Sudan, Egypt, Togo (West Africa), Afganistan, and Puerto Rico. They are all about my age and seem very eager to learn.

B and the Goose loved their time alone together and part-time work really feels like the best of both worlds, so I feel good about the whole thing. But of course I showed everyone there his pictures and had pangs of selfish sadness that he really doesn't need me as much anymore.

I hope all is well with you, our loved ones. Happy Tuesday!<

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...