Sunday, June 26, 2005

Goose Eggs

Well folks we have now officially made our first trip to the emergency room with The Goose. Here's the story ...

On Friday morning at approximately 8 a.m., Goose and I were hiking down a ridge with him in his backpack carrier on my back (see picture) when I tripped and fell face first into a landscape timber. The Goose also had an unfortunate encounter with the timber and the short version is that there was a good bit of blood and screaming and we ended up at Vandy's Children's ER.

After a period of about three hours, it was determined that Dermabond would do the trick and thus stitches were avoided. The application of the glue was less than graceful, and most of it ended up in his hair, which I guess is better than in his eyes, but still was a mess. Vanderbilt is a teaching hospital, so you gotta give them a break.

When we got home from the hospital the pavers were STILL workign on our road and so we had to park and walk up the hill to the house in our bloody clothes, exhausted. But things could've been much worse, so I really should not be complaining.

The Goose and I both got goose eggs (ha ha -- or should we call them goose bumps?) and I scraped up my knee pretty bad, but all in all, we're fine. He is acting like nothing has happened and ... drumroll ...

Has learned to wave BYE BYE!

Usually it's a double-armed, flailing-like movement, but it's definitely a wave. So there is some good news from this weekend!

Shortly after the incident, the little prince was acting like he'd already forgotten. Now he's back to his old self: crawling everywhere and pulling himself up and chasing balls and throwing back-arching temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Today I put him back in the carrier and we went for a much more enjoyable walk than the one last Friday.

Mama & Daddy, I hate to tell you, but all that money you spent on ballet lessons was a total waste because I am a hopeless clutz. Just call me Grace Pace.

We are now accepting donations of helmets for mom & baby.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...