Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother’s Day from The Goose!

Oh my goodness! Another holiday where I can receive gifts! I never thought about that when we were discussing whether or not to have a child. That's major. It's right up there with the tax breaks.

My gift was a home-made beaded bracelet and a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, grits, and biscuits. Dee-lish. I also got a burlap chicken purse from my mom! I took it in with me to Steinmart the other day and the saleslady said, “Oh, I love your purse! Is it a D&G?” I didn’t know what to say (or what D&G was), so I just scoffed and said, “Ummm, no, it’s a handmade original by a Mississippi folk artist.”

The house and yard projects continue. Yesterday I finished the chest of drawers and B has started extending the patio out back (see pictures below).
pictures

pictures

The Goose is now drinking from his sippy cup really well and loves his Cheerios (see below). I’m not sure whose idea it was to give him small crunchy objects to play with in the kitchen. Now I spend half of my day picking up either mushed-up cheerios or crumbs from the ones he’s dropped which I promptly step on.

pictures

pictures

As B was working on the patio the other day, we set him outside in his Exersaucer. He was cracking up at B shoveling dirt … we’re not sure exactly which part was so funny, but he was guffawing and banging his hand down on the Exersaucer in hilarity. If he gets any cuter I’m going to have to take a big bite out of him.

Love to all!

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...