Monday, May 23, 2005

The Arrival


JUANITA.JPG
Originally uploaded by Kim Laden.
Today at approximately 5:14 p.m., three laying hens previously of Williamson County moved north to the big city and into their new coop (complete with a ceiling fan, nesting box, roosting bar, and water/feed trough). Originally there were four, but there was an incident that I don't want to talk about.

Pictured here is one of "The Girls." Now I have The Goose (new name: The Prince), The Husband, and The Girls. The chickens look exactly alike and so have not been named yet. We can only get so far in one day.

After we got them settled in, we ate some pork roast and then went for a walk down to the lake at sunset. Gaw-juss. On the way back up the big hill, I was pushing the stroller and B was making silly faces and sounds at Goose and making him giggle hysterically. So I thought I'd try. We switched places so that B was pushing the stroller and I was walking alongside making the same faces and sounds that B had been making. The Goose suddenly stopped laughing and looked back at his father as if to say,

"Why is the servant making an attempt at humor?"

And that, folks, is why we call him The Prince.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...