Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Eggcelebration


POOL 001_EDITED.JPG
Originally uploaded by Kim Laden.
The Goose survived for over 5 hours without me yesterday, a world record. I was frantically running around town getting my haircut and trying to finish my midterm reports by using the computers at the library (which, by the way was a HUGE waste of time).

Lately I've been hating the online teaching job and have interviewed for another part-time job at the International English Institute (www.eslnashville.org). But how could I ever leave that little man up there in the striped shirt to go to work?

While I was gone yesterday, the chickens laid two eggs and then this morning I awoke to another one. That's three eggs in two days for you non-math majors. Cha-ching!

B had told me that after they laid yesterday they had a big celebration, but I didn't believe him. Then as I was brushing my teeth in the upstairs bathroom this morning with the window down, I heard them (that's a long way for those of you who don't know my house) and thought that a raccoon was assaulting them. I rushed downstairs and into their cooproom and lo and behold they really do celebrate their eggs.

I'm totally fascinated by this new little project of ours. Let's eggscelebrate!

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...