Sunday, January 29, 2006

Countdown to the Superbowl


Let's get ready to RUMBLE! I love this picture even though it's super blurry because this was just before he made a perfect pass with a heckofa spiral (which, of course, I dropped). That purple and gold football is a Minnesota Vikings toy that Grandpa B sent down from the Northland. When you catch it, it says "TOUCHDOWN VIKINGS!" or either it sings, "On Vikings, let's win the game ... On Vikings, honor your name." Great toy. However, The Goose is forbidden from ever seriously thinking that I will allow him to play such a rough sport. I like to watch football, but I wouldn't like it if my Buddy Snickums were involved in a game where getting tackled is required.

I really don't have anything to say because I'm right in the middle of preparing for my insane work week. I like it after Tuesday, but from Sunday to Tuesday things are a little hairy (Tuesdays I teach in the morning AND at night).

So, in order to reduce the insanity, I'm going to try to stop posting except for on Thursday nights. That's my goal. I have a little bit of an obsession with taking pictures and posting, so writing down my goal will hopefully help me to cut back a little. What are the chances of this happening? Here's a hint: Tonight is Sunday and I'm swamped with work and here I am writing about a singing football.

Anyway ... we had a fabulous day today ... church then napping then OUTSIDE. The weather was warm like Spring and our friends "The Basha" and his mom came over for a playdate. The Basha (not his real name) is almost exactly one year younger than The Goose so they're not big buds just yet, but soon enough the age difference won't be so dramatic and they can hang.

No other news to report. Look for another post late on Thursday night, or better yet, just check in on Friday morning. And please don't try any of that pouring on the guilt stuff. Guilt always works on me because I am a pleaser, so just please allow me to simplify my life in this way.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

mamabird said...

It's Thursday night.

Just in case, you know, you forgot what day it was or something.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait! To hear from my friend MG and see pics of that little Snickums.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...