Thursday, February 02, 2006

Workin in the yard is FUN!


Especially when it's a Goose and a Dad doing all the work while the mom snaps photos and whines about how tired she is. Seriously, I do not know how people work full time and have kids and still get it all done. They must have housekeepers. They must. But OH NO, I decided to try to save the world and be a teacher and as we ALL know: teachers cannot afford housekeepers. Do I sound a little cranky? Maybe it's because I'm so tired. Did I mention that I'm tired?

Well, without further ado or Mama Whining, The Goose would like to wish a VERY happy birthday to The Dad of the family, who even now is out keeping the squirrels safe and overseeing the monthly meeting of the Tennessee Ornithological Association. Last week he gave a $192 fine to a 29-year old Floridian who was throwing rocks at turtles. The guy's excuse: He's from Florida. What? You don't get it? We don't either. Anyway, he'll have to pay for his turtle target practice. Tomorrow, Nana & Grampy will arrive to surprise The Dad with a weekend visit and a special lamb & beans dinner.

In other news, I'm tired.

There are lots of new photos posted, but here are a few of the best:

Cat Photo Obsession

Above is The Goose with his new, laminated photo of Clementine Cat. Macy found out that he was carrying around a framed photo of said feline and promptly made and laminated a few recent photos to ensure The Goose's safety. Picture frames can be incredibly dangerous you know.

BIRDS!  Tweet tweet!

The discovery of up-close wildlife with Great Grandpa Mainwaring's binoculars.

In other news, I am tired.

On the language development front, the following words have entered his vocabulary:

  • moon
  • ornithology
  • megrim
  • literacy

Just kidding. He does say "moon" though.

Right now I am in a terrible panic because I cannot think of anything to write. And is it really because I'm so tired or is it because I have now started working more and don't hang out with my Buddy Snickums as much and thus don't know what to say. Who knows? We'll see.

Happy Thursday & Happy Birthday to The Groundhog Guy.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...