Friday, May 04, 2012

Yes he did ride a scooter to work.

After my last post, I have been feeling a badly about publicly criticizing Brian.  Based on most conversations I have with other women, I feel that he is definitely in the camp of Men Who Actually Do Help Around The House.  (Thanks to my mother-in-law!)

Friday, May 4, 2012, 7:25 a.m.
And his fixation with magazine reading at dinner time can probably be explained by a quick look at evolutionary biology.  Apparently, men have much poorer peripheral vision than women because back in the day, they were hunters, and we were gatherers.  In order to hunt, you must fixate on the prey and block out all distractions.  Women have a better ability to see things all around us because that's the skill one needs to locate nuts and berries.

I'm convinced that this can explain a lot of things around our house and in the home in which I grew up.  Besides the ability to ignore wailing children with head wounds, men also seem not to be able to find things they have lost.  Enter a woman with her carefully-honed-peripheral-vision talent for finding small objects, and the object is found within minutes.

So, you see, Brian, this really isn't about you at all.  It's more of a comment on gender differences in general than a criticism of our home life.  In fact, when you have coffee after work, you're not half bad.  And scootering to work in a tie is just the icing on the cake.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...