Sunday, February 03, 2008

LITERACY!!!!!!!!!!!


EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT ...

The Goose has learned to write his name. (On my yoga mat)

Yesterday I was trying to get him to go to the playground, and he said, "Just a minute Mom, I need to write my name." And he sat down on the floor with a green marker and did just that. He's even attempting cursive already, as you can tell from the connection of the "h" and the "n."

But then again you probably knew that already because you heard me screaming all the way away in your respective other states.

He is also "reading" entire books from memory. Long books about the Backyardigans' spy gadgets and whatnot. And every now and then he'll fixate on a letter and look for it everywhere. It's really amazing to me, since we truly have not pushed it here at home. He must be learning it at school. At home we mostly focus on things like pulling the shoe tongue out before you criss-cross the velcro straps, or getting shirts on the right way, or wearing jackets right-side in. It all usually involves crying and screaming and teeth gnashing, but I usually recover nicely.

In other news ...

We have lost the Home Depot apron (see the orange tie in the next picture ...)

Riding Bikes

However, we have not lost the faded Elmo shirt that must be worn frontwards, backwards, AND inside out before it is deemed officially "too dirty." He seems to have quite a strong opinion about fashion, and unfortunately it is leaning in the way of the paternal side.

And speaking of paternal ...

The Dad cut his hair with a real-live buzzer, and The Mama LOVES it:

Haircut February 08

Later this afternoon we will be attending a chili cook off/Superbowl party where I will attempt to cook white bean & chicken chili while three 3-year olds run rampant in a kitchen that is not my own.

Send valium.

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...