Monday, August 06, 2012

He started preschool today.


Well, the big day has come and gone and it seems that it mostly went well.

I was worried because, for the last few weeks, there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not he was going to get put in time out for saying "poo-poo head" at school.  John and I had voted vehemently yes, but this did not deter him from using the word almost constantly since Independence Day.  In fact, towards the countdown to preschool, I had been imploring him daily not to use this poor, hyphenated phrase.

So, when I picked him up, here was the conversation:

ME:  "What was your favorite thing?"

HIM: "Legos!"

ME:  "Did you say 'poo-poo head'?"

HIM: "No."

ME:  "Good!  I'm so proud of you for working hard at not saying it!"

HIM:  "I say 'poo-poo head' and teacher say, 'NO!!!!!!'"

ME: "So, you DID say it?"

HIM: "No!!!!!"

I'm still not sure what exactly happened with regard to this fun family phrase, but here's the report that came home in his lunchbox:

"Sam had a great first day.  He made new friends Andrew and Cooper, and they played in the block area during free time." (Note the correct comma usage in the compound sentence! -- a good sign indeed.)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...