Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Green Team

Last Wednesday, John passed into Station 7, which means he qualifies for the first level of swim team. Apparently it was quite a scene ... Brian jumping up and down screaming on the bleachers and John doing something similar in the water, out of the water, and then later with two lollipops hanging out of his mouth. It's been a long, hard haul for us with swimming lessons, but I think the following email snippet from his coach says it all:

Your boy put on quite a show at his last lesson -- graduating to Station 7! He
looks terrific and his confidence is at an all-time high. We are very proud of
John. I am attaching information and registration materials on the NAC beginner
swim team group -- the "Green Group." John is definitely ready for this next
step in his swimming career and I encourage you to give it a try this
fall.

Career. She said he has a swimming "career." Olympics 2020, here. we. come.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

randasfans said...

I swear to god if you get a kid in the Olympics I want tickets. It's not Winter, but it'll do!!

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...