Thursday, July 15, 2010

The garden doth bring forth a bounteous harvest.

Tonight I reveled in the act of pulling carrots, cutting basil, and pinching chard with Annie and John. Here's how it went:

Annie: "Miss Kim, can I pull a carrot?"

MK: "Yes, of course you can. And you can keep whatever you pull."

Annie (yelling across the yard): "MOM!!! Miss Kim said I can KEEP a carrot!!!"

John: "Annie, next we're gonna cut the basil!"

Annie: "I know. It smells GOOOOD!! Miss Kim, can I cut some?"

MK: "Yes, of course you can. And you can keep whatever you cut."

Annie (yelling across the yard): "MOM!!! Miss Kim said I can KEEP a basil and it smells good!!!"

See, I am not into crafts. In fact, when crafts are combined with children, I check out. But give me some dirt with stuff growing in it, and children who are excited about it, and I can deal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...