Well, fall has finally arrived! We have three (stolen) pumpkins, two mums, one gourd, and one new house! Yippee!
Today I met with a husband/wife painter team who refer to one another as "Pie" -- short for "Sweety Pie" -- and who strongly believe in red kitchens, color "hopping," and wild bathrooms. Luckily, they are also the cheapest estimate I have found and can start (and finish!) on Saturday.
In other news, it has been raining.
Note to interested wannabe grammarians: the pronoun "it" in the previous sentence has no antecedent and is commonly referred to as "dummy it" by linguists.
There is lots of news, but I think that under these circumstances, quotes might be better than long-winded stories :
- “Permaclutch 2 virtually eliminates clutch repairs.”
~John-John, in response to UncaLew's statement: "That's not a New Holland, it's a Ford, but New Holland bought out Ford, and supposedly there ain't a Ford thing about them anymore."
- “I have actually had people tell me – during a closing! – that they had quit their job after making the offer and securing the loan on their new house! Ha ha ha ha! Can you believe that?”
~Our Closing Agent, who clearly doesn't know about Husband's career goals
- "Oh no. Another redhead in that house." (said with deadpan expression)
~Previous owner of our new house upon being introduced to me
- “Who is a redhead?”
~Me, while examining him and his wife for red roots and discovering no clues
- “My first ex-wife. See, I’ve bought this house three times. Once with the red-head. Then we divorced and I bought her out of it. Then there was the next one. Then I bought her out of it. Now I got this one.”
~Previous owner, pointing to the 3rd one
- “Look it me, Deddy! Now I know how dat coon musta felt!”
~Warrior, Alabama child, hollering from atop the Exxon/McDonald’s playplace cage-simulator area (CSA)
- “Get outta my damn house."
~The Goose, in response to Coon Boy’s usurpation of the CSA
- “Put on your socks NOW.”
~Mama, in response to the above Goose-to-Coonboy interchange
- “You need to tell her that that wasn’t him who started it before that little boy gets in trouble.”
~Coonboy’s delightful mother, in a half-hearted attempt to force her husband to convince me that it wasn’t my child who started the ugly-word war
I think you get the picture. It's been some kind of week. And now, on top of it all, I've decided that I don't like the book that I chose for my Book Club. I'm telling you ... if life gets any harder, I'm just gonna check into a "center" and get a job putting little cherries on cupcakes.
I wish California could get some of our rain.