Thursday, August 30, 2007

You Scratch My Back …

And I’ll do the following:

  1. Make sure everyone is bandaged appropriately in Thomas the Tank Engine bandaids
  2. Say “poo-poo” a lot
  3. Say “toot” a lot
  4. Say “paint the poop deck” a lot (thank you very much Veggie Tales) and then correct myself by saying, “paint the coco deck”
  5. Snuggle up close to allow the aforementioned back scratching.

Actually, #5 should be #1 because Lordy! Do I love those brief snuggly moments … even if it does require that I claw at his sweet little back.


The discovery of the pleasures of backscratching come at just the right time. Because if he didn’t want to snuggle at night then I might drop him off at a fire station (you know, they don’t ask questions).


But luckily there are moments like backscratch opportunities. And also, Macy & Granddaddy just left from spending three days on child-care backup duty, during which time I discovered that relief from an almost-three-year old is sweet. And if you think I have one picture of any of it then think again. Or if you think that I can’t write an entire paragraph in which every sentence begins with a conjunction then think again.


I have now completed an entire week as a full-time faculty member and it went relatively smoothly. There were lots of strange first-week questions from the students, the top three of which are listed below, because I know that my readers like content that is completely unrelated to Geese:

  1. “Do we have to be here on Tuesday AND Thursday? I thought we could just pick one."
  2. “Can we leave our cell phones on if our ring is a beautiful Celine Dion song like the theme from the movie Titanic?”
  3. “Hello. My name is Magny like ‘magnificent’ and I come from the heavens.” (In response to the prompt, “Please introduce yourself to the class by pronouncing your name clearly and telling us your home country.”)

I love my job.

And next week, the real preschool days commence. MWF 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. And since Macy & G’Diddy left this morning, that means we’ll have to actually cook dinner after work. The very idea.

But I'll spend Thursday afternoons and all day Saturday and Sunday with him. In addition, I have vowed (and so far succeeded) in my goal of NOT bringing home any schoolwork. We'll see ...

Here's what we did THIS Thursday (today):

Built a garage for Ernie's lawnmower:

SPACEMAN = ERNIE.JPG...

NOTE: Ernie is the astronaut just below the dinosaur and next to Winnie the Pooh and that half-visible Cowboy.

Knocked it down with a workout ball (half naked):

SPACEMAN = ERNIE.JPG...

Life is good. Leave a comment. See you next week ...

The Mother Goose

1 comment:

Basha's Mama said...

And I thought being asked if I was going to teach them how to do laundry was a classic question. Seriously did you laugh at the "I come from the heavens" comment because I don't think I could have stopped myself.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...