Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Week in Pictures (or, One Author's Laziness)


I'm tired, but we've had a good week.

See?
Today while I worked horrendous hours (8 to 5:30! gasp!), the guys made zucchini quiche.

Making Zucchini Quiche

Mom & John Silliness

This photo is indicative of my life: about 25% me and mostly HIM.

compost

Ye shall reap what ye sow.

Contest Perfect

Beautiful Fruits of the Harvest.

(This is starting to sound like a Baptist Hymnal.)

Best Product on the Market

My Best Friend. If it would only fit better in my back pocket! The following is a list of things you can ruin with wasp spray when you douse your desk with it because one day you looked over and there was a big one angrily approaching your right elbow, just south of the mouse pad:

  • Three pages of your dayplanner
  • The Emergency Contact Card for a preschool
  • Directions on how to enter placement test scores
  • A bag of goldfish

And then I had to suffer the questioning of Husband, who had the nerve to ask ridiculous things such as, "Why couldn't you just hit it with a magazine or your shoe if it was just CRAWLING and not SWARMING (like they usually are -- said under breath)?"

The things up with which I put. I tell you.

And incidentally, you can also kill sunflowers, green onions, and spiders caught in the crossfire. Have I mentioned that I hate August?

ION ...

Here's our pre-night-night conversation from earlier tonight:

JEB: One time, when I was just borned, I was a puppet.

ME: Really?

JEB: Yep, in The Stonecutter.

ME: Really? In a presentation of The Stonecutter? That must've been interesting work for a newborn.

JEB: No. It was CRAZY! (maniacal laughter)

Oh! I've been forgetting to write about his imaginary friends Gordon the Gorilla and Morton the Mouse (individually known as "Gord" and "Mort" and collectively as "The Zoo Crew"). They are a construction team. Their main jobs include moving dirt, jackhammering, getting out the Toolkat (sp?), and using machines such as log skidders or excavators to perform various tasks. Sometimes they go to meetings with Brian and I or to work with one of us. They ride in the backseat. And they always have to be instructed about how to cross the street or behave in parking lots. The newest bedtime ritual involves all three of us lying in his bed talking about what jobs The Zoo Crew did earlier in the day and what's on the agenda for tomorrow. Earlier this week they drove all the way down to Mississippi to use Grandaddy's Orange Kubota Tractor (along with a little New Holland digger) to dig a drainage ditch for one of Macy & Grandaddy's neighbors. Today they helped me advise belligerent Egyptians on the finer points of TOEFL and Michigan Test score correlations. Tomorrow they're braving the heat with a team of roofers who are working on a Habitat for Humanity house.

Gord and Mort are a lot more active than my I.F., Beebobba. All he did was wear plaid pants and pick his nose.

Wow. I had more in me than I thought! Now I think I'll collapse. Until next week ... ONWARD and UPWARD.

p.s. We've got a REALTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...