Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Night Special


As I was recounting our playground experience to The Dad tonight over homemade pizza, this is how the conversation morphed into our nightly comedy club routine:

Me: Sometimes when we’re tired, we don’t make good decisions, do we Bud?

Bud: It’s a big BANDAID!

Dad: Ain’t nothin’ better’n’a big bandaid is there Bud?

Bud: How would YOU know that?

A lot of conversations revolve around bandaids these days, since I had a mole maliciously scraped off of my leg by an evil female who told me that I had “chronic sun damage.” Why in the world would I have chronic sun damage? I mean, I would never have done anything stupid like bake myself on a sheet of tinfoil on top of my trampoline while slathered in cooking oil, would I? No, of course not.

Vanity.

So far, the bandaids have done more of a number on my leg (and my mood) than the actual wound itself. And please, if y’all ever get a mole cut off, don’t even think about using Neosporin. Make sure that you use Polysporin. It’s very important that you ONLY use Polysporin and wash with soap and water. No PEROXIDE! Peroxide contributes more to scarring. But more importantly, do not, under any circumstances (even duress by a 2.5 year old) buy Backyardigans bandaids. Just go ahead and assume that you are allergic to latex (and The Backyardigans) and get some fabric ones. They’ll still rip your skin off when you remove them, but at least you’ll only have a reaction to the ripping and the adhesive rather than the ripping, the adhesive, and the material.

Brian informed me the other day that this year we paid for medical and dental insurance solely for me. I have been to the doctor more times and had more procedures than the two of them combined in the last five years (which includes one of them's entire life). And usually my bills are between $250 and $500 no matter whether it’s my ring toe or my 17th molar. And when you combine the 17th and 19th then it usually moves into quadruple digits. Luckily, we’re high rollers.

Anywho …

Last weekend we attended the Pace Family Reunion at Turkey Creek Water Park in Newton, MS. Here are a few photos of the event:

The Pavilion

Above, The Pavilion.

A Flatuglance

A Flatuglance

Big Man & Grandaddy

Big Man & Grandaddy

Strike a pose

Ken, Ouida, Kathy, Macy

Just after the joke about nude baptism

Marie and Husband, just after the joke about nude baptism.

Let me teetee by this tree

Don't ask.

It begs to be said: A good time was had by all.

Of course, there was life after the reunion ...

This is where you put the gas

"This is where you put the gas."

pick up pinecones and put them in the trailer

Grandaddy put him to work picking up pinecones with The Pinecone Picker Upper. Macy and Uncaloo watch.

5

The reunion food hits.

Two Retired Sista Girls

Two retired sista girls

Ice Cream on the steps

Stuffing their faces with Ice Cream. It begs to be capitalized.

Hand holdin' with Macy

Hand holdin' with Macy.

Pine Tree, Jupiter, Moon

Pine tree, Jupiter, Moon

He was crying to stay when we left, so we reminded him that Macy and Grandaddy (and everyone else we love) all live under the same moon. That kept him thinking for a while on the drive home.

And that's about all from these parts. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

mamasykes said...

I cannont believe that you would ever bake in the sun with cooking oil slathered on! Nobody else did things like that. Nor did we put Iodine in Baby Oil to make it stronger. Who comes up with stuff like that?

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...