Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Cousin Turns One


.

We've had lots of big events in our lives lately: Macy's retirement and Jack's first birthday. I can't even begin to recall all of the memorable moments, so for now I"ll just post some pictures.

First, The Birthday Boy (left). Born on Cinco de Mayo, JBP is a fiery one. He's my only nephew and The Goose's only cousin, so it's important to document this milestone as carefully as possible:

Before the party, it's important to mow the grass:

Mowing with a Grandpa-in-Law

Then there should be a lovely and delicious cake. Nanny made a white baseball cake with red stitching:

Good cake

Everyone enjoyed a bit:

cake

The Men especially liked it.

more cake

And in addition to cake, there was a Scooby Doo pinata:

Pinata fun

The party was fun, even though the Birthday Boy's Mom didn't have such a great attitude:

The Mother of a 1YO

After the party, everyone felt dirty:

RUB A DUB DUB.JPG...

The next day, the birthday fam needed time to relax:

The Birthday Fam

But most important, of course, were the gifts, which were used the very next day:

BIRTHDAY BOY.JPG...

Here's the Big "One" Man himself, sporting a button-up (and an attitude) in his new Radio Flyer wagon.

Happy Birthday Jack!

Click here to see more.

1 comment:

Basha's Mama said...

Unfortunately all of our extra plants have been given to good homes. I took them to work and they went like hotcakes. We just got our's planted this weekend. However, anytime you want to make the trip down to M'boro for some homegrown peppers just let me know. :) Here's some news for you - we've decided to push ourselves over the edge, #2 is due in December. I'm making reservations for my spot at the circus now. :)

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...