Thursday, December 22, 2005

Phone Talkin'


A favorite pasttime around here is holding the phone up to your shoulder and then talkin' away in some unknown language. Conversations can range from 10 seconds to up to a minute. Usually whoever is on the other line wants to talk to everyone else in the room as well. Then we all say "bye-bye." Notice his surroundings: a box of veggie snackin' crackers, some milk, a truck, and a bear. What else could you want in life?

As a side note, I'd just like to take a minute and gloat about the fact that I made these delectable delights below:
HOLIDAY SNACKS
Really Mom! I made them! I know it's hard to believe. But I did it with my very own two hands and a lot of over-the-phone help from Nana, who, at one point said, "C'mon Kim, it's really not that hard."

HA! Easy for you to say, Betty Crocker.

I will NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

EVER.

It took an ENTIRE day. A solid day. And then, on the way to deliver them to Husband's co-workers, I dropped them. Yes, yes, I used to be known as Grace Pace.

Luckily, only one of them broke, but I seriously thought that we were gonna have to call an ambulance because as I watched them falling, falling, falling, I nearly had a heart attack right there on the front doorstep.

And by the way, there are 43 more cookies that are either burned or so ugly that even the chickens wouldn't eat them.

Cheerio!

1 comment:

Basha's Mama said...

I'm very impressed with the cookies. My attempt at cookie decoration turned into more of an impressionists view of Christmas cookies. I told everyone that I was going through my Monet period...

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...