Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yet Another Future Olympic Sport ...


Naked Running in Light Blue Socks with Fire Engines on Them.

Just when you thought there was NO POSSIBLE WAY for the Olympic Steering Committee to add another event to the roster of Summer sports, The Goose comes along and ups the ante. And it's not even summer! Or an Olympic year! His prolific additions to the list of popular sports can only be attributed to the fact that during the last trimester of my pregnancy with him, I watched approximately 9 hours of Olympic coverage per day from a hotel room in St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin, while alternately painting my toenails and preparing meals on a hot plate. Ah, how I long for the good ole days.

And folks, there is other sports news as well: The Goose is now even more into soccer. Information about last night from The Dad include reports that there was LOTS of kicking going on. Down hallways. Through doors. Into bathrooms. Kicking a big soccer ball! My baby! A star! Already! I mean, of course he was BORN a star, but now he's like a SUPERNOVA!

Stuffing in a cookie (or three)

Here he is stuffing a handful of organic oatmeal cinnamon alphabet toddler cookies into his mouth. Don't even think about trying to hand him one at a time. He only eats them if you allow him to to stick his hand down into the box, root around for awhile, pull out a fistful, examine them (while dropping several on the floor), and then stuff as many as possible into his mouth. We have no idea how he learned this. No idea.

It's for you!

And the phone is still a hot item. Whenever he hears it ringing, he goes looking for it. He usually can't find it (and neither can I), but I'm sure that if it was findable, then he would bring it right to me and say, "It's for you, Mama" or, "bye-bye!" or, "Dat. Za-za."

Delicious Diddums

Finally, I'll leave you with this little snapshot. Look at that disheveled hair and the long drip of drool. Get yourself down to a bookstore and look at the newest edition of Webster's ... I dare you! Go to the "D" section and let me know if what I suspect is true: He is redefining the word DELICIOUS.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...