Thursday, November 03, 2005

Mother & Goose: On Easy Street


Today was one of those Really Good Days where you're really happy at the end of it and you wonder WHY Why why can't this just happen all the time?

The Goose & The Dad got up before 6:00 a.m. (WILLINGLY!) while I stayed in bed murmuring incomprehensible English. I think it was English.

Then The Goose napped, I graded papers and guzzled coffee, and The Dad read and drank green tea. Next, we all went to the park where there was sweet Sophie of about 12-months. Now if you think that my child goes to bed early, think again. Meet Sophie. Down at 6 p.m. Up at 7 a.m. Wow.

Finally, there was a lengthy afternoon nap (sans coughing, thank goodness), a photo shoot (see below), dinner, and finally bath and bed time. And of course I couldn't let Sophie's mom one-up me. Goose went down at 6:30 p.m. tonight.

This parenting stuff is nothing. A piece of cake! Why have I ever complained before about how hard it is?

You know what this means, right?

I will pay tomorrow.


Photos from today follow:


J.S. Bach: Watch Out Bro!

Piano Lessons with Mom. I tried to get him to use the J.S. Bach anthology and learn a few Inventions or Fugues or something. But his style is more like rock-n-roll.

Dirty Face

I was actually trying to get a picture of him rocking the horse back and forth violently while holding one hand up in the air, just like a rodeo king. And here all this time I've been saying, "NO football! It's just too dangerous and violent and all of that." And here he is wanting to just go 8 seconds on the rocking horse. They dream big, don't they?

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...