Friday, February 18, 2011

John's Amazing Marshmallow Structure


Just got an email from Ms. Lash with this photo attached and this message:


"I just wanted to send you a picture of John’s amazing marshmallow structure.
Yesterday, the students worked in pairs to build structures using 100
marshmallows and 100 toothpicks and this is what he built. I am blown away by
how sophisticated this design is, not just for a 6 year old but for anyone."

Today is picture day, so they told the kids they could wear "anything they wanted." John chose his "indivisibility cloak" and since he has been working so hard to improve his behavior, we let him. At the bottom of Ms. Lash's email is this extra note:

"Also, I love that you let him wear his cloak to school! He is so proud of it
and I think there’s nothing better than a little self-expression ."

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Boogie's Mom said...

Wow - that's an awesome Mom moment! Good job on fostering the creativity and individuality.

The Spears Family said...

Wow. I would like an indivisibility cloak. I mean - who WANTS to be divisible? Love the marshmellow structure. Ms. Lash sounds like an awesome teacher.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...