Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Orleans 2010


Can I just say how wonderful it is to lay in a bed and paint your fingernails and then go out to dinner and then go back and get in the bed and sleep until you want to?

Nevermind the risotto with truffles and pancetta croutons. Nevermind the Italian kale saute, the meat, cheese, & olive plate that was a 100% in-house creation, or the tiramisu that came in a little jar.  The best part about our vacation was, hands down, sleep. In a large bed that someone else made. And the shower with four shower heads and a cushy white robe to wrap around yourself afterward.

I'm not at all bitter that Brian turned down the "turn down" service every night, therefore causing me to miss the chocolate mint they leave on the pillow. How, you might ask, do I know there was a chocolate mint to be missed?


Because I marched my booty out to the Turn Down Service Cart and broke a commandment by stealing one of the aforementioned mints -- it was rightfully mine anyway had Brian not turned down the turn down service -- and it was delicious. Like a kit kat mixed with toothpaste.


And in case you ever want to duplicate this vacation, here's what you'll need to do:

make reservations @ the Roosevelt Hotel
get reservations @ Domenica Restaurant
have an omelet @ Mena's Palace
go to Felix's for charbroiled oysters
stop by Coop's Place for rabbit jumbalaya
listen to live jazz @ Fritzel's


THANKS MOM & DAD FOR WATCHING OUR BABIES WHILE WE RELAXED!  BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Basha's Mama said...

100% jealous. Good for you!

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...