Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weird is Relative (or relatives, depending on your family)

After IGBOK (see previous post), I want this as my next bumper sticker:






Case in point:

Today I went for my usual hike with the Bambino Brigade and then decided that a trip to Whole Foods was a must. We were totally out of colloidal silver for crying out loud and I haven’t had any Arctic cod liver oil in I don’t know how long. Maybe since I was pregnant. Unheard of.

But first I had to go to the restroom, and as I was washing my hands, the woman next to me said, “I know this is weird, but I just bought this deodorant and I really needed some. It’s weird isn’t it?”

I just looked at her, but she pressed on: “I know you think it’s totally weird, but it’s better than stinking. Right?”

And what I wanted to say was, “Yesterday my five-year old pooped in the neighbor’s backyard just before they hosted an outdoor party, and earlier today I hiked with a woman who had her placenta freeze dried and encapsulated into 60 ingestible tablets because her doula told her it would ward off post-partum depression. Are you seriously asking me if applying deodorant in the bathroom is WEIRD?”

But of course, that’s not what I said. Instead, I went with, “You gotta do watcha gotta do in times of water shortage.”

*****************************************************
And now, onto more important matters … namely, the scary children:

Here is a video of J and S in Mississippi (yes, I took the jumper seat).

Here’s one with John-John telling knock-knock jokes.

Another one ... brudderly love.

And fourthly, we have John-John and a choir of stuffed animals singing that classic children’s song, “I Kicked My Ball into a Gated Community.”

****************************************

Now, is anybody else disturbed by the fabric pictured below?  I stumbled upon these guys while perusing the Christmas section of the most recent Hancock's of Paducah fabric catalog.  I went to college with Amanda Hancock, and I'm just not sure her people know about this.


As you were.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Basha's Mama said...

Now I will have, "I kicked my ball! I kicked my ball! Into the Gated Community" in my head all day long. :)
Frozen placenta v. deodorant yeah no contest and more than a little gross.
Fabric? Who knew gays and cougars had their own line of kitsch patterns. *HA*

randasfans said...

That fabric is amazing; I need a quilt! Though, I suppose I would settle for a pillow sham. Seriously, I may have to order.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...