Monday, November 16, 2009

His preschool teacher's husband was a professional skateboarder.

One day at school I was chatting with Mrs. Audrey, John's pre-K teacher, about his interest in skatebording. She casually said, "Did you know my husband was a professional skateboarder?" Um, no. Didn't know that, but, um, WOW! The next day she said, "My husband said he'd love to meet y'all at the skate park sometime." Um, YEAH! So finally on Saturday we were able to coordinate our schedules. Brian took John for 2 hours of skateboard fun. Based on their reactions, I'm not sure who had more fun, dad or son, as Mr. Rodney brought enough skateboards for all to try. The dad has even amended his Christmas list to include a long board. Here's a video of the "lesson:"

1 comment:

msbentley said...

I love it! I cant wait until Cam gets this age and starts to try new things!

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...