Monday, June 15, 2009

The Guys


The boys have been having a blast. Friday night soccer game, Saturday night baseball & fireworks, Sunday bike riding and cookie baking, and today they’re tubing down the Elk River after breakfasting at the Waffle House (where a prize Firefighter Jet was left near the condiment rack).

IMG_8211

Yes, it fills a dinner plate. Yes, it fills a dinner plate.

IMG_8214

Note the facial expression which denotes the possibility of having eaten too much.

IMG_8215

Gone.

Also, John learned how to use the weedwhacker. The real one. No, I was not there. Yes, he nearly eradicated my pepper plants. While Brian cheered him on.
rev it up

Click here for a video.

Oh well, who really needs nine pepper plants?

Meanwhile … back in the dungeon (formerly known as our bedroom/bathroom) …

I am writhing on the bed. I have somehow contracted the second horrendous virus of my 18-week pregnancy. The first one seemed like a toned-down version of the Swine Flu. This most recent one has been more like CHOLERA. So, while the boys were enjoying themselves immensely at various venues, I have been running back and forth from the bed to the bathroom.

But, it could be worse. Right? Right.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, Kim..bless your heart! I was hoping you've been relaxing while the boys have been playing then read about the sickness. I hope you are better very soon!

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...