Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter in Milwaukee

We flew on a plane, took a bus, and rented a Prius hybrid to get to Nanny & Grampy's, where there was much egg dying, water sliding, Mimi visiting, and scootering in 40 degree weather while wearing shorts. In other words: John-John's heaven.

Now we're back home and the house is a mess; all the clothes are still in the suitcase which is laying in the middle of the living room floor, and earlier today I sucked up his miniature Batman kite with the vacuum cleaner (a favorite Easter Bunny toy).

Additionally, we got a note sent home from school today regarding the loud repetition of and refusal to discontinue use of potty language. He was sent to the office.

I took away his gallon-size Ziploc bag full of candy (which he stashed in the freezer immediately upon arrival home from Milwaukee). I also asked him what happened. Here's his version:

"Cade was saying potty words but I was just saying 'cheeseburger' and we were gettin' all riled up and then Ms. Dorothy said to stop but we didn't but I wasn't saying real potty words only 'cheeseburger' and then she went and got Ms. Susan and then I went to the office and Ms. Susan set a timer and then I went back to the room."

And that's all I have to say about that.

But back to the positive ...

A big THANKS to Nanny & Grampy for such a lovely weekend. Here are some other pics:



























Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kay said...

Blame Brian. When he lived with us I remember him repeatedly using "cheeseburger" in the presence of the younger children. We ignored him, figured it was a stage. And before long, he was saying nicer things like "broccoli" and "creamed corn".

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...