Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Alternative Medicine: Here. We. Come.

Tonight was awful. I am so done with that puffer of his. I am so done with forcing him to inhale these steroids that make him (and me) rage.

Tonight we had an all out war (while B was at Academy Sports shopping for new sweatpants) and then both collapsed into heaps of exhaustion and tears. As we surveyed the damage (most of which was inflicted by him on the back of his bedroom door), I made a commitment to him and myself to find a solution to this medical, mental, emotional problem. I refuse to make a choice between breathing and household peace.

All members of the Peanut Gallery, here's a tip: Please hold your tongue as we try chiropractors, alternative medicine, acupuncture, voodoo, psychics, and burnt offerings. We will not feed Flovent into his lungs ever again. So. Help. Me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mamabird said...

Dude. You guys have really been through the ringer on this -- I can't even imagine. So sorry.

In the spirit of solidarity, we agree to build a play-doh model of J's lungs, wake up at midnight each night, and do Gregorian chants around the model while deeply inhaling and exhaling.

Hang in there. You gotta do what you gotta do.

lots of love to all of you -- xo

Cindy said...

I sent you an email, but in case you don't get it. Let me know if you need the name for a great chiro. Even though I have not been to him for awhile...I really believe chiropractors work. It really helped me when I was in high school and was fainting alot and it also helped with my tonsils at the same time. They really work, as strange as it sounds. Good Luck.

Cindy

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...