Thursday, January 18, 2007

A week (or two) in Pictures


Well. I'm turning 30 in 3 days and I'm leaving for Phoenix tomorrow for a Yoga workshop and yet I can't stand not to do my Thursday night thing. Plus, Nanny did the unthinkable and sent me her CANON REBEL and although I so do not know how to use it, I managed to get this one picture, which has more of his body than any of the others I attempted. Clearly, I need to read the manual.

In other, much more important and exciting and happy news, Mamabird has just hatched another one! I was driving today and thinking about whether I should say that she laid another egg or that her egg had hatched or what exactly would be the appropriate bird-related euphemism for pushing out a baby. But anyway, Mama and the new Birdlet are doing fine, and you can see pictures here. CONGRATS BIRDS!

So besides getting the camera of my dreams, starting a new semester, and getting my hair dyed to resemble a freshly-painted fire engine, it's been a relatively peaceful week, and here's the evidence:

RED (yes, I know I need blusher)

It's faded (hint: Palmolive takes out hair dye) and it looks a lot better when I add my new mahogany eyebrows and some blusher and lipstick.

PIZZA Pig

We went out for pizza. He ate TWO slices that size and drank about 12 ounces of "cow muck."

RAINGEAR

It rained a lot and thankfully Macy had prepared us.

A Budding Musician

This one is from New Year's Eve ... a night in which I was determined to have fun despite the fact that Husband had to work until 1 a.m. John and I went out to hear his favorite musicians play, and of course he did a couple numbers with them.

A COWBOY READING

I left the room to go get his pajamas the other night and when I returned, I found him in nothing but a diaper and that cowboy hat reading Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (by Eileen Christelow). When he got to the second monkey head-bump page he said, "I know this one" and discarded it for Dump It! (by Darice Bailer).

There are several more shots of our week if you just click on any of the photos above.

Happy Weekend, and not that it matters, but Sunday might be a special day in case you'd like to call or send a card or check or flowers. If you ask JEB, "How old is Mama?" he'll say, "29 for evah." They teach them the strangest things at school.

2 comments:

Basha's Mama said...

You know you always have an open invitation to the 'Boro. Maybe I did mean Eboli... I need to look up my infectious diseases. Speaking of, I get to go to the Dr and see why I still have "Ali Baba's Revenge" after a week of misery.
February sounds like a lovely month to get together. What is your schedule like?

mamasykes said...

Okay, so your hair really did look like Polly Lindsley's! It didn't look so bad on you. Not really.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...