Thursday, January 25, 2007

My First Post in My Third Decade


Well, I turned 30 this past Sunday and am still mostly in one piece. I guess I thought I might spontaneously decombust or watch, appalled, as various bodyparts just fell off, or -- worse -- that wrinkles (and more gray hairs) would wrestle me to the ground. And win.

Instead I woke up, went to the third day of my yoga workshop, ate lunch, then spent over eight hours either in an airport or plane, and came home @ 10 p.m. to this:

My party decor


Carrot Cake @ 10 p.m.

The 10:30 p.m. cake-eating contest. He won.

It's been a busy week, but we have managed to take lots of pictures with our fancy new Camera From Nanny. Click here to see more.

That's mostly it. Leave a comment ... let us know you're here!

4 comments:

mamabird said...

Happy Birthday, Kimfriend. You make 30 look GOOD!

I'm so glad you had a weekend away. It sounds wonderful.

Love your new pictures. That camera is something else.

xo -- mb

Unknown said...

Hello! Ann Jane sent me this link and I'm so glad! I lost you after you moved to AZ - realized I had your work email and you had my school one. At any rate - it's great to see you're doing so well - love the blog, love the pictures - how cute is little guy?!?! Send me a line when you get a chance - mkbsnead@gmail.com

Carrie said...

Happy birthday. 30 is the new 15 (or something like that). Love all your flickr pics.

Kelsey said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of thirties. You will love it here.

That goose just keeps getting cuter and cuter. How is that possible?

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...