Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stir-fry with chopsticks anyone?


I looked it up, and it's true: Children who use chopsticks successfully before they're two are automatically considered geniuses. So what if it's just using one of them to pierce a piece of tofu?

Using alternative eating utensils

Especially if they aren't even Asian.

Dumptruck

Dumptrucks are a sign of an inclination toward the fields of mechanical engineering, entrepreneurship, or construction management.

Learning to say "stick" (listen: "teek!"), "eat," and "bottle" are signs of an interest in corpus linguistics, speech therapy, or random nomenclature analysis.

Learning to imitate Mama when she's at the end of her rope is a sign of normality, apparently. Trust me, I've looked it up. I've looked it all up. I think that's my problem.

Well, I'm off to the library ...

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...