Thursday, April 27, 2006

Another Rearview


It's late (as usual), and I don't have much steam, but here are some pictures you can't live without:
Throwing RocksNow this particular incident that I'm about to report didn't happen on the orange-pants-and-camouflage-shirt day, but it did happen right there where he is standing: Earlier this week while The Dad was watching The Goose, he overzealously threw a rock into the lake and took a plunge headfirst into the duckweed-ridden shore. I didn't see any of it, unfortunately, but apparently there was a lot of duckweed in a lot of places and then I did see the pre-cleanup state of the bathroom. There was a lot of duckweed there as well.

Maybe next time he'll heed the warning on these pants:

Caution

It's nearly midnight and I've gotta work tomorrow, but I cannot resist posting just one more update since it is related to language development:

Tonight, while I was running his bathwater and he was buttnaked in my bedroom trying everything to avoid getting a bath (because that precedes bedtime), I heard him say the following independent clause with an intransitive verb:

"I tee-teed."

I left the bathroom in a FEMA kind of rush and found him standing over a wet spot on the carpet in our bedroom. Indeed he hath spoken the truth.

And that, dear readers, is what you call PROGRESS, or BRILLIANCE, or even GENIUS. His sense of filial responsibility compelled him to inform me of his accident. I tried to react neutrally even though I was just a teensy bit annoyed about having to clean it up since only yesterday I had to strip our ENTIRE bed of its contents (including -- not that I'm counting -- four regular pillowcases, one body-sized pillowcase, a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, the handmade quilt, AND a $50 waterproof, hypoallergenic mattress pad) because he had, while undiapered, climbed up there pre-bath to look at a book called Big Yellow Trucks & Diggers and peed on the bed. ADVICE TO EXPECTANT PARENTS: Buy more than one $50 waterproof, hypoallergenic mattress pad.

Next week there should be some really good pictures since I'll be reporting from the exciting NORTHWEST ANNIVERSARY VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned.

I'll leave you with a few more irresistible photos ...

This one's for G-Diddy:

The Many Faces

This next one's for all the family baldies (and is it just me, or is The Goose's head almost as big as The Dad's???):

Two Heads: Notice any difference?

No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...