Sunday, October 11, 2009

Don't look at the baseboards

Or the condition of the wood floor. Rugs, people. They hide things.

Today my sweet neighbors and friends gave me a shower and it was super fun and super appreciated. Melany made my crib bedding (and valances and basket liners -- yeah)and I've already organized all the other gifts into a nice organized pile of organization, which I'm hoping someone will help me sort through in the near future. Mom? Molly?

THANKS y'all! I loved the shower and the showering!

In other news ... After we set up the crib, John threw Blue Blanky in as his gift for the baby. He went to bed tonight -- the first time in nearly five years -- without Blue and attempting not to suck his thumb. He's so self-aware!

And speaking of ... check out the latest video of him on my Flickr page: pumpkin carving with his tongue out to aid in concentration and alignment.

I'm off to bed at 8:41 p.m.!

2 comments:

msbentley said...

I love it! It looks great. Melany is quite a talent.

mudmama said...

Aww, how great!!! Sorry I couldn't be there!!!

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...