Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pregnant Purge


First, I just had to post this picture of such a classic JEB outfit: skateboard shirt, shorts, Spidey socks, and Vans. Isn't he enormous? Ack! He's so big and sweet these days that I cannot get enough. And prior to now, I've usually HAD. ENOUGH! by at least 7:30 p.m. Nowadays, I sneak in there and hover over him, stealing kisses and inhaling his boyness.

And because he is so delightful, and because I am pregnant, I worry that I might have a difficult 2nd child. There have been lots of times in John Emmett's life that I thought he was a bit challenging. But what if I just had no clue how truly difficult a kid can be? What if this one sleeps even less as a newborn, has more trouble nursing, hates the carseat even more, has asthma (or worse!), can't sing every word of "Beat It" exactly in rhythm, or ... or ... or ... !!?!?!?!?

Stop.

It's the hormones. It'll be OK. Somehow I'm sure my reserves of motherlove will immediately become activated after delivery and I'll like the little alien which is now kicking me in the ribs.

But for right now I'm wondering and worrying about a million things per second. I won't bore you with the details, but I will say that it's a mixture of ridiculous and REALLY ridiculous. So combine that with a little hormonal crying throughout the day and you've got ME, just a week into my third trimester.

When I was pregnant with John, I was stressed because we were jobless and homeless. Now I'm stressed because the home we own is always filthy and cluttered, and our jobs are demanding. Things will settle down -- I have a feeling I'm not the only teacher who despises August -- but for now, I'm feeling lots of crazy highs and lows.

In other news, Brian is ... brace yourselves ... participating in a panel discussion on classroom management for new TFA corps members. This is a man who didn't even go to the meetings when he WAS a corps member. I'm so proud of him.

That's about it for now.

OUS,

k


2 comments:

Fastlass said...

OMG - are you, like, my long lost sibling??

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

I'm so happy that little JEB has been so delightful. Your new one will be too. I just know it. AND - it's even better because you'll get to watch John enjoy it as well.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...