Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Things that scare me


I wrote a really long, detailed post which got lost when my desktop crashed for the 413th time. Now I'm on the laptop, and I really think that it can all be summed up in six words:


BEYOND BELIEF BACKSEAT BARF and ASTHMA.

Mama said there'd be days like this. But, being an optimist,

I didn't believe her.

Clearly, I'm stupid.

Barf and asthma scare me. Today we had both.

The Goose, on the other hand, is primarily scared by a nine-eyed green hulk. I prefer more everyday problems. That's all, really.


And now, a week in pictures ...

Serious Halloween posing: Serious Halloween Portrait

Candy: candy

What he did after the ingestion of candy: what he did after eating candy Note that the couch has been completely dismantled.

The picture doesn't do this justice ... A Neon Orange Tree in my neighborhood It's NEON. I love fall.

What I did all day today: What I did for HOURS today

What he did all day today: Nebbin' with the marble track

My prayer: Please let all these drugs be working. I couldn't stand to know that all of our efforts were in vain.

And PLEASE let my baking soda/vinegar scrub of the ENTIRE backseat of my car not be in vain either.

Vanity is useless. Steroids and baking soda better not be.

4 comments:

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry he's sick. Our little Bitty is too actually - just got back from picking up Amoxicillin for an ear infection that kept at least two of us up ALL night. Prayers for a better day/night for all of us!

Cindy said...

I hope John is feeling better. Logan had the stomach virus and along with his acid reflux, that meant over two weeks of throwing up at random times. Once in my van and twice in John's car, so I know all about the Backseat Barf. Febreeze helps alot I found with the smell. And this is all in addition to the several times at homes and at various restaurants in the area. And a 2 year old can't make it to the bathroom, especially with the acid reflux because he doesn't get that sick at his stomach feeling. So I guess what I'm saying is that we have all been in similar cases and know how you feel. Things will get better and hopefully John's asthma will get better as he gets older. I'm sure it's scary, Asthma scares me too. Just hang in there and think positive. Remember that you are a great Mommy and a wonderful woman that can handle anything.

Carrie said...

Good times, good times. Hey, my kid barfed in the back seat this week, too. How about that.

Basha's Mama said...

It must be a barfing epidemic! We were half way to school this morning when Sami did too. But I, being the well prepared mother, had a bowl and thus no muss - no fuss. Ok, the bowl was actually for his waffles that he was eating on the way to daycare because we don't wake up early enough to eat breakfast at home like a real well prepared mother would do. Now I need a nap.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...