Thursday, July 10, 2008

Smush


Just returned from a lovely trip to the Smokies to visit Jeff, Jess, and Avonlea, who live in Japan and work for DODS. Avonlea is just barely a year and #2 is due in December. Phew. Er, I mean, congratulations!

Avonlea:

Avonlea

They also have a six-year-old goddaughter (pictured below), who can make up all sorts of fun games to play with flashlights, and for that we are truly grateful.

We stayed in a 100 year old cabin which was formerly a one-room school house. Jess's family built screened-in porches all around it for air conditioning. A LOVELY trip.

Enjoy the pics ...

John, Jeff, Avonlea, Me, Ariana

We had JUST been awakened by all of those children. I have not yet had coffee, as evidenced by my swollen-shut eyes. That's John, Jeff, Avonlea, Me, and Ariana (from L to R).

Floatin' in the Smokies

Floating down the little creek beside the cabin ... I was taking the picture (and video -- see link below) from an historic swinging bridge.

Splashin in the freezing water

Me & Goose splashing in the water ... I have a picture of me and my daddy that looks almost identical to this and could've been taken in the same exact location.

Guys @ Cade's Cove

Such a fun and exciting trip is always followed by a good 3-hour nap for the entire car ride home.

Exhaustion

One of the best parts. Ha!

Click here for more pics and a video.

OU&S ...


No comments:

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...