Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Easter Bunny Came ...


And went. And left this beg mess. I think he was a titch disappointed that there weren't any tractors in the Easter basket. Oh well, better luck next year, buddy. Maybe Mama will remember to put a basket together in advance rather than THE DAY BEFORE WHEN EVERYTHING IS SOLD OUT AT TARGET INCLUDING THOSE REALLY COOL BOB THE BUILDER MACHINES PULLING TRAILERS FULL OF EASTER EGGS. It doesn't matter though. That's not what Easter's about.

What it's really about is those deliciously crunchy PLAIN pastel-colored M&Ms which come in five-pound bags and which are bought solely for the receiver of the Easter basket. Not his parents.

Kidding!

(Sorta.)

Let's see ... what else?

Well, there was the night that we did a show about table manners:

Two Studies in Table Manners

Two Studies in Table Manners

The Goose is using a left-handed bamboo spatula to clean his plate. The Dad is using his tongue. Why should I even mention the elbows-on-the-table rule when there are such awful atrocities as these?

And then there was the night that I thought it might be a good idea to eat spaghetti with bison and green peas in the living room while using the laundry hamper as a table and a towel-covered couch cushion as a chair.

Sesame Street & a Laundry Hamper Table

what we do ...

what we do ...

Not a good idea in the end, but it was fun.

Today as I watched him push Mavis the Diesel Engine (who was pulling a troublesome truck) up and down my forearm I was wondering how to divide his days ... I think it's something like this in a 24-hour period:

55% Sleeping

15% Reading

15% Truck/Train/Tractor Pushing (we like "t-r-" words)

5% Asking Rhetorical and/or Self-Answerable Questions (e.g., "Where's the smoke ateckor? Is downstairs; makes a noise. Where's the carbon moxide 'teckor? Is upstairs. Was it a loud noise or a scary noise? Not scary, just loud. Where's the boy? (ME: What boy?) The boy at the paygound? (ME: I don't know John. Where IS the boy?) Probly at home watching veejos (videos)." ET CETERA

5% Making Announcements & Proclamations (e.g., "Don't do dat Mama. You know better than that! ... Look, man! My kitty! (in Target to the check-out person) ... "I tee-teed." (outside Target, to a woman walking by in the parking lot while we were trying to be discrete). "I pooped a big log. Foo Foo the Snoo pooped on the concrete." (to no one in particular) ET CETERA

5% Eating

Give or take.

The smoke and carbon moxide ateckors could be in a category all their own considering their recent appeal. One night we even thanked God for Jasmine rice and smoke ateckors.

I think that's all. I'm not good at conclusions. I stress them in my classes -- "Conclusions are for summarizing! Restating! Leaving the reader with a final thought and signalling that yes, indeed, the author is definitely finished. Don't make them boring!"

The end.

3 comments:

mamabird said...

Oh, I love little boys.

My two favorite things about this post are "Foo Foo the Snoo" (what IS that??!!) and "Look, man!"

He really is doing great, isn't he? He looks gorgeous and healthy and sounds like he's so engaged and active. You guys should be really proud of your fine young man.

Good luck on those pastel M&Ms...
xo

Basha's Mama said...

The Basha and I are going to AZ this weekend but will be having a MNO at the Olive Garden on Bell on 4/20 at 7 p.m. Can you join?

Kelsey said...

I love the speculation that that kid from the playground is at home watching videos.

What percentage of your day is spent laughing at his cuteness?

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...