Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Emergence of Modal Verbs


Quotes of the week ...

  • Might be a school day tomorrow.
  • I go Home Depot look at pushmowers.
  • Where's Dad Mom? (Me: He went to his class ... do you remember what kind of class he takes?)
  • Might be a pickle class!

crouching tiger, hidden dragon

  • I smart boy.
  • I go a school day tomorrow.
  • Don't cry at school. First play, then eat lunch, then naptime, then Mama comes back. Mama always comes back.

we like plaid

  • Mom, how does this pear work?
  • I might need cheese.
  • I need Meow. I love that Meow.

nanny's new camera that trumps all

  • Don't need lotion on the legs. Is OK.
  • No no sucky the nose.
  • I do it self.
  • Where's Dad? Dad's durkin.
  • Oh peedonny ee-eye-oh. A pig here. There. Oink oink. Oh peedonny ee-eye-oh.

OK, now these are from one of my students who emails me multiple times a day. I have left all spelling and grammar the same.

  • sorry kim,this is nothing to related to the study.i like your hair very muchquestions:1 where and when did you perm your hair?2do you need to make it look nice every day when you go out?3 how much is it? i m looking for a nice hair style which does not require me to combmy hairtoo much i will only dry my hair to other colour after the doctor release me! theytold me not to do anything for a long time becausse of my s.i had to usebaby shampoo for a long time after my surgeries which made my hair veryoily. i really hate it, now i m using certain kind of shampoo to help meget rid of it.thank you!
  • "Especially after my brain bleeding, my husband just think every new day is a gift-present." (I think she had an aneurysm or something).
  • "Why does my friend's cell phone message say, 'To page this person, press 1; to send an American page, press 2.'?" (I think she's hearing the words "numerical page")
  • Wednesday morning, at the beginning of Developmental Writing class, this is how she greeted me: "Good morning Kim, you wanna see some dog pictures?" (she then presented me with a medium-sized photo album full of dog pictures -- snapshots and cut out from magazines).

And that's all for this week. But click here for more photos.

And p.s. Look at my nephew:

this is my nephew and I love his cheeks

Read/see more here.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

1. I can't stop laughing. I love your student. I love that the photo album was pictures of dogs that are not hers.

2. I can totally relate to the goose. I can't tell you how many times a day I say that I might need cheese.

3. Where and when did you perm your hair?

Me said...

So, did you ever figure out how that pear works?

Amy said...

My nephew is an adorable genius. And so is his aunt.

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...