Monday, January 04, 2010

Some thoughts

Currently, Sam is in his crib, quiet. I'm on a mission people. I cannot carry him around all day in Mei Tai even though I wish I could be that Attachment Parenting Mother. I need time to fold laundry, write nonsense on this blog, and eat without dripping rice in his hair. Plus, when your post-partum hormones are raging, you just have these nightmares that you'll be co-sleeping with a 15 year old or carrying around an 80-pound 4th grader in a sling.

Anyway. John starting back into swim lessons today, so wish us luck!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Basha's Mama said...

I remember those thoughts but finally did get Amanda in her crib at around 4 mths. Wish those baby self-help books really worked...

Me said...

I'm not That AP Mother either...I believe in AP and am in an unofficial group here in Savannah, but Alex & I take from it what works for our family and skip what doesn't. Its a philosophy that can make you feel like you have to be perfect, and I'm already neurotic enough as it is.

mudmama said...

hahaha, slinging a 4th grader, love it!
best of luck with swim lessons (I need to get D back in)
Look forward to seeing you soon!

Fastlass said...

Guess it's still AP if your kid is carrying YOU!
"Hey child, comepick up your Momma would ya? Her feet hurt"

To my first on his 14th, 15th, and 16th

Dear John, Happy Sweet 16th, sweet boy. You are now taller than me and your dad. You can pick me up. You have a job. You built a motorized b...